The baby formerly known as Mango, a.k.a.
Malini Grace Riddle
(That's pronounced "MAH-lee-nee", or "Molly" for short.)
Malini Grace Riddle was born at 6:38 a.m., October 4th, 1995.
She weighed 8 lbs. 10 oz.
The many moods of Malini:
Little-known Malini facts:
- Her first name Malini is after Malini Rajulkar, a singer of Hindustani classical music, and means "a cluster of notes".
- Her middle name Grace is after her nonagenarian great-great aunt Grace LaCurto.
- She got her father's last name Riddle to balance all the dominant genes she got from her mom.
- Her beauty has already inspired poetry.
- Having her parents well trained already, she has decided to share her
diapering tips for the benefit of babies everywhere.
- Malini is a devout believer in the Toddler's Creed.
- Malini is now submitting album cover art for her favorite band.
Malini has a growing portfolio of nicknames:
Besides Mango and
the Hiccupotamus (la Hipopótama),
Barre Chord Molly (dubbed by Uncle Geoff because of her strong grip),
and so on.
- First non-medical outing: Evita's Botanitas for some vicarious Mexican food.
- First non-gaseous smile.
- Regained her birth weight, after several scary weeks of difficult breastfeeding and nipple confusion.
- First slept through the night.
- First grasped a rattle.
- First sucked her thumb (but she still prefers her whole fist).
- First slept in her crib by herself.
- That's what I call a big baby: came in at the 75th percentile for weight and 95th percentile for length!
- First held a full bottle of milk by herself.
- And bigger still: reached 90th percentile for weight and head circumference.
- Decided she'd had enough of Momma. Confirmed 100% bottle baby.
- First "solid" food: yummy rice cereal.
- First rolled over front-to-back and drank from a cup.
- First time home alone with babysitter (Mom and Dad went to see a matinee of "Toy Story").
- First comfortably sat up for an extended period of time.
Friends and family:
There might be more photos of me somewhere in the UT Kinesiology 321M photo journal.
c/o proud pappa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Mom isn't listed here because she's kind of shy.)
visits since 1995.07.28.